Sunday 12 April 2009

Ways in which your fictional characters can let you down...

Have been thinking about the contrary beasts that are the 3 main characters in my draft novel. Technically, they are my flesh and blood. I'm fond of them, but the ways in which they've let me down (so far) include: - 

  • Not suiting the names I've "christened" them with (choosing names I like is probably not the best strategy)
  • Choosing unsuitable careers (as above)
  • Poor taste in men (again, as above)
  • Having 'off days' (read: boring!)
  • Having personality traits that render them transparent and predictable
Hmm, sounds a lot like myself!

3 comments:

  1. Sound like you have your work cutout in the next draft...lol

    Best wishes & Good luck with your writing

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first visit to your blog, but not my last. Very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks both of you! Nice to see some new visitors!! Spent the weekend giving my characters a make over. Working much better now.

    ReplyDelete