Wednesday 17 June 2009

Deadline looms!

AArgh nothing like a deadline to make the blood pressure soar. Hopefully this is more to do with the adrenaline rush I'm expecting when I finish the 50s piece and less to do with the competition deadline!

Funny how, what started as a piece of writing taken on just for enjoyment has now ended up giving me the jitters.

It's crunch time with the PhD, I've taken on more research staff and things are less than perfect at home. But enough with the excuses. I've been told repeatedly that getting a PhD is less to do with academic brilliance, and more to do with the ability to overcome fear and boredom and get the piece done. Similar to novel writing - numerous false starts, nails in the confidence coffin...

Karen's blog title nailed it in one - GET ON WITH IT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment