Friday 13 February 2009

Will write for shoes, chocolate or anything else really...


At the moment, I'm reading "Will write for shoes" by Cathy Yardley. This guide to writing chick lit (or any genre, for that matter) is enteraining and breezy to read and stuffed full of helpful hints on writing.
As well as addressing how to avoid some of the biggest cliches, Cathy takes us on a whirlwind tour of chicklit history, hailing Marian Keyes' watermelon and Bridget Jones' Diary as the founding material.
Most importantly, she advises on how to pamper yourself after nailing that first draft! I'm currently halfway through this book, which has swiftly become a comfort blanket for my writing endeavors. I know I'll be re-reading and re-reading this book again as she delivers excellent advice in a human way - she admits to being an organization-obsessive and hates the re-draft stage, which I can certainly empahise with!

well worth a read...

1 comment: