Wednesday 8 July 2009

Credit Crunch Writer's retreats

Looking for a fix for flagging motivation, or semi-writer's block? It's time to step away from the computer...just for now.

Laterooms.com
Find a last minute spa or boutique hotel for peanuts on my favourite website. I also use this website for booking spur of the moment weekend breaks

Lastminute.com
A well-known website, but do check out the 'Top Secret' hotels and get a 5 star hotel room for next to nothing. The name of the hotel isn't revealed until your booking is confirmed, but you can check out the hotel facilities, user reviews and location beforehand. So fun!

Lit Fests
Hit the peak district and visit Buxton Lit Fest at the same time. Gorgeous location and a great line up of authors.

Can only do a staycation?
Try these imagination-boosting retreats: -
  • Lock the bathroom and soak in a tub filled with Sainsbury's coconut bath foam
  • A Yoga class. Try the Yoga DVD for dummies, if you're scared but curious.
  • Only have an hour? A spa pedicure. Check the internet for offers as nearly all beauty salons are promoting summer offers

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chicklit Addict - I see you're following my blog so called by to say thank you and welcome. I hope you'll also follow my post every Thursday on www.curzongroup.blogspot.com
    The first in my series of crime thrillers isn't traditional chicklit but my main character is a female detective inspector who, in addition to investigating crimes, also has her own problems to solve - usually involving the men in her life. I hope you read and enjoy it. Do visit my blogs and let me know what you think of it!

    ReplyDelete